Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ page). Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to our Web site may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (800) 278-0444.
Pigeon Control FAQs
- Do you use falcons to perform pigeon control work?
- If I have pigeon control work performed on my house, but my neighbors don’t do anything against the pigeons on their homes, will the service done on my house still be effective?
- How long do the products that you will be installing last?
- What about cleanup of “droppings”. Is that included in your service cost?
- Can I still have the service done if I have a tile roof?
- Is your company licensed and insured?
- How effective will this service be for other birds that may nest on my home?
- Do plastic owls or ultrasonic devices work in repelling pigeons?
- If I’m planning to paint my home in the near future, should I wait to have my pigeon control work done until it’s painted?
- I see pigeons on my roof peaks - will you be putting something there as well?
- How much will your service cost?
- Is your service warranted?
1. Do you use falcons to perform pigeon control work?
We don’t use falcons. The name Falcon Services is symbolic. Although raptors such as falcons will prey on pigeons and there are falconers who use hawks and falcons to repel pigeons, this is neither a long-term, nor a cost-effective solution to any serious pigeon problem. The reason being that albeit pigeons will take flight when a bird of prey is nearby, they will return to their nest as soon as the danger has passed.
2. If I have pigeon control work performed on my house, but my neighbors don’t do anything against the pigeons on their homes, will the service done on my house still be effective?
The service will still be effective, as pigeons will be kept out from any sheltered areas that are potential nesting and perching sites. Pigeons perch close to their nesting sites, and because they are social they typically frequent the structures that other pigeons “live” on. They will mostly travel back and forth between the homes and buildings that have resident birds.
3. How long do the products that you will be installing last?
The products we use last at least 10-15 years.
4. What about cleanup of droppings. Is that included in your service cost?
Cleanup of “droppings” is inclusive in our service cost. Our installers will remove all accumulated pigeon droppings and related debris such as nesting materials. They also scoop out all pigeon related debris from the rain-gutters. There may still be some residual staining in these areas due to the acidic nature of pigeon droppings. However, the staining usually does weather-off in time.
5. Can I still have the service done if I have a tile roof?
Approximately 95% of all the homes we treat have tile roofs. Our installers are skilled at working on tile roofs without any damage to tiles.
6. Is your company licensed and insured?
We are licensed by the California Structural Pest Control Board (SPCB) and maintain a comprehensive liability insurance policy with $2,000,000.00 in coverage.
7. How effective will the service be for other birds that may nest on my home?
The products used for pigeon control are specifically designed for that purpose. However, we have an array of other products that are used for other bird species such as swallows, sparrows, and woodpeckers.
8. Do plastic owls or ultrasonic devices work in repelling pigeons?
Plastic owls are not an effective method of repelling pigeons, because anything new to a pigeon’s environment may temporarily repel them (usually for a few days), but pigeons soon grow accustomed to these objects and the owls cease having any effect. Ultrasonic devices have been proven to be completely ineffective in repelling pigeons (FTC study).
9. If I’m planning to paint my home in the near future, should I wait to have my pigeon control work done until it’s painted?
Our products are designed to be removable and can be easily reinstalled after painting or other maintenance work is performed. However, we recommend that any control work be performed at least two weeks prior to house painting to allow pigeons to relocate and help prevent any potential staining of your new paint job.
10. I see pigeons on my roof peaks. Will you be putting something there as well?
Generally, it is not necessary to treat the roof peaks once pigeons are excluded from their primary nesting sites. Typically, pigeons use the roof peaks only as secondary perching sites to watch for predators and protect their nests. Falcon Services does offer installation of products for roof peaks upon request, but only on rare occasions is it necessary to do so.
11. How much will your service cost?
Our service costs are dependent on the total number of active or potential nesting and perching sites that need to be treated, as well as the amount of cleanup to be performed. We offer free estimates within our local service area.
12. Is your service warranted?
All workmanship is warranted for one year following installation. Depending on the specific product used, a 2 to10 year manufacturer’s warranty applies.
Back to top of page